Table Of Contents
- This article is for those who don't know how to play Jacks or Better video Poker
- Read the best Jacks or Better strategy tips before you play real money games
Today, I am going to share some useful Jacks or Better video poker strategy tips that will help you increase your win rate and enjoy more this exciting casino game.
Did you know that video poker has the highest payout percentage of all casino games?
While the house edge for typical casino games varies between 90 and 97 percent, video poker can offer up to 99.54 percent.
At brick and mortar casinos, a Jacks or Better Video Poker machine actually resembles a Slots machine. Online you’ll find that Jacks or Better is quite similar to those found at land-based casinos. Our Free Jacks or Better game at Casinotop10 is a replica of what you can expect to find at online casinos which offer the game for real money. With CasinoTop10’s Free Jacks or Better Video Poker Game being an HTML5 game, you’ll be able to play this version of video poker no matter where you. Jacks or Better is one of the most popular video poker formats.This has been the go-to version of the game since video poker terminals hit casinos and bars. It is based on draw poker, when you get a single draw and aim to hit jack-jack or better to win. Jacks or Better Video Poker, Free Jacks or Better Video Poker Game. Video poker has one of the best advantages of all casino games. Much better than slots games. In fact you have several times the likely hood of winning with video poker than slots and other casino games. Check out free video poker games for video poker strategies, casino reviews and bonuses and game variations. Free Spins: No; RTP: 96.92%; Basic Introduction. Jacks or Better Poker is a rather standard, straightforward poker variation that is designed by Microgaming. It is simple video poker game that anyone can play it, as it pays off on a pair only if that pair is jacks or better, and otherwise resembles any standard version of the game. Free Jacks or Better Video Poker Overview:Our Free Jacks or Better Video Pokergame obeys the standard video poker rules and is a single hand type video poker machine. It is played with a standard 52 card deck and the cards are shuffled before each hand. This version of video poker is sometimes referred to as Jacks Poker. Free jacks or better video poker games are popular amongst gamblers because they are easy to learn. Additionally, free jacks or better poker is an exciting and fun casino game. Playing free casino games like jacks or better means that you do not have to make a real money deposit to access the game.
But only if you know what you're doing.
We have made our free online video poker games based on the most popular variations, such as Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Aces Faces. We even have some multi-hand video poker no download games where you can play between 2 and 4 poker hands at the same time. Many players who like to play video poker also enjoy a few spins on the online slots.
And for that, you need a good video poker strategy.
In this article, we will delve into my favorite variation of video poker - Jacks or Better (Draw Poker). I like it because of how simple and straightforward the game is.
(Another great game to play is Deuces Wild, but we'll keep that to another article.)
To play successfully (aka. to win), a sound Jacks or Better strategy is a must.
That's why today you are going to find out a few important things like:
- how to reduce the house edge
- how to make the best out of the cards you get
- how to maximize your chances to win
In case you already know how to play Jacks or Better and want to put your knowledge into action ASAP, you can visit this Casino site and play this video Poker game online for free and for real money.Free Video Poker: Jacks or Better
Use my video poker strategy tips to play Jacks or Better like a pro!Play Now
As for the rest of us, let's continue with the article!
The Importance of Poker Hands at Jacks or Better Strategy
If you want to become good at Jacks or Better video poker, you need to understand its card combinations.
It comes without saying that you must know the basic video poker rules for a solid start, and I recommend this article for that.
Now, let's check out the possible poker hands that result in winnings.
- Royal Flush. It can't get any better than that. This hand has to include these cards: . Most games don't require them to be consecutive. All cards must be in the same suit.
- Straight Flush. Five consecutive cards from the same suit. Example:.
- Four of a Kind. Nothing complicated here: four cards of the same value. Example: .
- Full House. You collect Full House when you receive five cards that are comprised of one pair and three of a kind. Example: .
- Flush. Five cards of the same suit. Example:
- Straight. Five cards that form a consecutive sequence. The suits are mixed.
- Three of a Kind. You get Three of a Kind when you receive three cards of the same value. Example: .
- Two Pair. Two pairs of two cards of the same value. Example: .
- Jacks or Better. The easiest one to collect, this combination includes only one pair of jacks or a higher value. Example:
Don't worry if you can't remember them all - these video Poker machines online include a table with the winning combinations and payouts.
And if you really want to go deeper on the subjects, here's the most complete poker hands chart on the internet.
The most important thing is to choose the casinos with the highest payment possibilities.
Tip: If a game has full payouts, it should pay two times your bet for Two Pairs.
How to Actually Play Jacks or Better Poker
If you've ever played Jacks or Better, you know that this is a casino game that depends on both luck and your choices - a characteristic, this one, that is common to all online poker machines.
It goes like this:
You get five cards and must choose the ones that you want to keep for the next round. You click 'deal', and get your final combination.
The problem is:
Which cards should you hold?
Luckily, this choice is not as difficult as it might seem. Below, I prepared an easy Jacks or Better strategy for beginners that you should use when dealing with your cards.
Jacks or Better Strategy Made Easy
Here are the main tips for a basic Jacks or Better poker strategy:
- When you have four cards to a Straight or a Flush, hold all four of them and draw only one additional card.
- When you have three cards to a Royal Flush, keep them! Draw two additional cards and you might be lucky.
- Need only two more cards for a Straight Flush? Hold the three lucky cards you have and draw two more.
- When you get a pair of cards, hold them and draw three additional cards. However, this tip is not always applicable.
- If you have no matching cards in your hand, hold a card that is higher or equal of value to Jacks.
- No combinations and no Jacks or higher? Draw five new cards.
The Problem of Low Pair Vs. High Pair
A couple of the main questions that most video poker players have are as follows:
When is it best to hold a low pair?
When should I hold a high pair?
Let's take a look at what you should do in different situations.
Jacks or Better Poker Strategy: Low Pair
Usually, I suggest you keep all the low pairs you receive. However, there are certain situations when it's better to skip them.
This is when you should keep a low pair:
- When you have four to a Straight, always keep the pair that you got. Example: 55678. In this case, hold 55 and discard 678.
- When you have three to a Straight Flush, keep the low pair. Example: 3h4h5h5s9c. Hold 5h and 5s.
- When you have a low pair and two cards that could result in a Royal Flush… you should still hold the low pair! Example: 6s6h2cKhAh. Hold 6s and 6h and discard the rest.
Here are the cases when you should discard your low pair:
- When you have three to a Royal Flush. The probability to get the best outcome is simply too high to keep the low pair. Example: 2sJhJsQsKs
- In case you have four to a Flush, break that low pair! Example: 5d5h8d9dQd
Jacks or Better Game Strategy: High Pair
The crucial difference between a low pair and a high pair in video poker is that the latter is a guaranteed win.
However, there will be certain situations when you'll think that you need to break the pair for a bigger win.
BUT - a seemingly right decision can cost you your bet.
Here are the cases when you have to keep your high poker pair no matter what.
Free Video Poker Slots Jacks Or Better Slot Machines
Note: A high pair consists of two cards of the same value (Jacks or higher).
- If you have four to a Flush and a high pair, hold the pair and draw three other cards. When an identical situation occurs with a low pair in hand, you should break it.
- When you have four to a Straight, keep your high pair to have a higher chance to win.
- If you have three to a Royal Flush, it is still better to hold the pair! The odds to get a Royal Flush are not high enough in this case.
- It's more beneficial to keep the high pair when you have three to a Straight Flush. Over time, this will produce better results.
On the contrary, there is one case when you should break your high pay in Jacks or Better poker game:
- When you have four to a Royal Flush. In this situation, it would be a waste not to do it as the odds are simply too high for that sweet winning sequence!
Note: As soon as you decide to use a video poker game strategy, stick to it. Whether you play online or at a land-based casino, discipline is your truest friend when it comes to beating Jacks or Better.
You Can Play Jacks or Better Video Poker Game Online For Free!
No strategy can be useful without sufficient practice.
But you don't want to bet your hard-earned money on your first try at Jacks or Better. No, you need to play this video poker game for free first!
And that's an easy task. Why?
Because you can do that on this video poker site.
Here, each Jacks or Better game variation has a demo mode that does not require real money. At all.Activate the Bonus and Play!
Register a free account and use the bonus to play free Jacks or Better Video poker games online.
So, practice online all you want - and try to win real cash as soon as you learn how to play this game flawlessly.
May the odds be with you!The promotion presented on this page was available at the time of writing. With some Casino promotions changing on daily basis, we suggest you to check on the site if it still available. Also, please do not forget to read the terms and conditions in full before you accept a bonus.
- Software: Microgaming
- Paylines: 20
- Reels: 5
- Min Coins Per Line: 1
- Max Coins Per Line: 20
- Min Coins Size 0.01
- Max Coins Size 0.25
- Jackpot: 4000
- Bonus Game: No
- Progressive: No
- Wild Symbol: No
- Scatter Symbol: No
- Autoplay Option: No
- Multiplier: No
- Free Spins: No
- RTP: 96.92%
Free Slots Jacks Or Better Video Poker Game
Jacks or Better Poker is a rather standard, straightforward poker variation that is designed by Microgaming. It is simple video poker game that anyone can play it, as it pays off on a pair only if that pair is jacks or better, and otherwise resembles any standard version of the game. There are no wild cards, no jokers, no bonus payouts that are out of the ordinary. The maximum jackpot that is paid out in Jacks or Better Poker is 4000 coins, which comes as a result of a Royal Flush (10, J, Q, K and Ace of the same suit).
Jacks or Better Video Poker is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, with no wild cards. The cards are shuffled before each and every deal, and so they come out randomly. The wagering process invokes the use of the plus (+) and minus (-) controls, which will increase or decrease the size of the coins you will use in your betting. When you click “Bet One” you are betting one unit times the coin size, Clicking “Bet Max” gives you the maximum times that coin size. For example, if your coin size is 0.25, the maximum bet you’ll have is 1.25. If it’s 5 units, the max bet will be 25.
Slots offers a lot of fun activities and features that no other slots game offers. Pop slots free chips october. First of all, it provides a very rich multiplayer game experience where players can see each other’s profile.
The rules for Jacks or Better video poker are the same as for five-card draw poker. Only difference being that there is no raising or bluffing and you’re not really playing “against” other players. You just make a single bet at the beginning and your goal is to have a hand that includes a pair of jacks or better. Otherwise, the house wins.
- To play, you select a number of credits you want to wager from one to five on the hand. The credits can be worth $0.25, $1 or more apiece, depending on the machine.
- The computer deals you five cards and you select which you want to keep and which you want to discard to draw new cards, just as in five-card draw.
- Then you are dealt replacement cards and your final hand decides whether you win or lose, and how much.
- You will win more the better your hand is, so make sure you know the ranking of poker hands.
Like all games you play against the house in a casino, it is nearly impossible to actually win in the long term. However, video poker offers some of the best payouts for a slots-type machine when played well. Also when combined with a good casino bonuses and comp points, you can actually make a good win due to the freebies given out.
Symbols and Features
Symbols on the video poker game are obviously the cards. Following are the hands to understand:
- High: Any card that is a Jack or higher. Low, on the other hand, refers to all cards that are lower in value than a Jack. Examples of high cards include Ace, King, Queen, and Jack, while low cards run from 2 through 10.
- Royal Flush: Refers to five sequential cards of matching suit starting with 10 and ending with Ace. This is the highest paying hand in Jacks or Better.
- Straight Flush: Comprised of five sequential cards of similar suit up to 10 (e.g. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).
- Four of a Kind: Refers to four cards of the same number. For instance, four Kings or four 2s.
- Full House: Consists of a hand with three of a kind plus a pair (e.g. three 7s and two Kings).
- Four to a Royal Flush: This simply means you hold four of the five cards needed to form a Royal Flush. For instance, if you have a 10, Jack, Queen, and King, you only need an Ace to complete the Royal Flush.
- Flush: Contains five cards of the same suit.
- Three of a Kind: A hand that contains three cards of the same number. For example, three 6s or three Jacks.
- Straight: Refers to five cards in sequential order but not necessarily of the same suit.
- Four to a Straight Flush: Simply means you hold four of the five needed cards to complete a Straight Flush.
- Two Pair: Refer to two pairs of cards, each pair containing the same number (e.g. two 4s and two Aces).
- Three to a Royal Flush: You hold three of the necessary cards needed to form a Royal Flush.
- Four to a Flush: Contains four cards of same suit.
- Four to a Straight: Contains four cards in sequential order, but not necessarily of the same suit.
- Three to a Straight Flush: Means you have three cards in sequential order and of the same suit to make a Straight Flush.
- Two to a Royal Flush: Two cards to securing a Royal Flush.
Free Video Poker Jacks Or Better
How to Win at Jacks or Better Video Poker
Free Video Poker Slots Jacks Or Better Poker
One of the main principles behind most video poker strategies is that you want the machine to deal you a winning hand. If you’re dealt a winning hand, you will very rarely discard any of those cards to draw to something else. The only exception is four cards to a royal flush, and that exception is only there because the payout on that hand is so large compared to the other hands.
In fact, you’ll notice that a lot of the strategy focuses on the royal flush. You’ll only see a royal flush once in every 40,000 or so hands, but the payout makes for a big part of your overall expectation. If you have four cards to a royal flush, you’ll always draw to it. If you have three cards to a royal flush, you’ll always draw to it unless you have a winning combination, in which case you’ll keep the winning cards instead.
- Discard the fifth card whenever you have four cards to a Royal Flush, even if that card gives you a Pair or a Flush.
- Three of a Kind, a Flush, a High Pair, and a Straight all outrank three to a Royal Flush. Play three to Royal Flush when you have lower hands such as a Low Pair or four to a Flush.
- Keep a High Pair, a Straight, and four to a Flush whenever you have two cards to a Royal Flush.
- Do not break up a made Flush or a Straight unless when you need only one card to make a Royal Flush.
- Always keep a High Pair over four to a Flush and four to a Straight.
- Do not break up a Full House, Three of a Kind, Four of a Kind, or Two Pair.
- Keep a High Pair unless you have four cards to a Straight Flush or four cards to a Royal Flush.
- Keep a Low Pair over three cards to a Straight Flush or four cards to a Straight.
Free Video Poker Slots Jacks Or Better
10 Play Video Poker
Jacks or Better is a very simple but fun game to play. The graphics are clear and crisp and the game play is ultra-smooth. The maximum jackpot is 4000 coins, which you will win if you land a Royal Flush – in other words, a Ten, Jack, Queen, King and Ace of the same suit. Even though this is a rather standard version of the game, there is indeed a little “twist” that can be played. After a winning hand, the player can seek to double that win by engaging in a “showdown” with the dealer. There are five cards dealt onto the screen – four of them face-down, which represents a choice for the player, and one card face-up, which is the dealer’s card. The player picks one of the face-down cards and if it is of a higher value than the dealer’s face-down card, the win is doubled. The player can elect to double again, or quit and collect.